As the world works to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), sports leagues and governing bodies have postponed, and in some cases cancelled, games, tournaments, and events across the country.
Obviously during a time like this, there are bigger concerns than just which sporting events are being cancelled or moved. We hope you're all staying safe and adhering to recommendations from your local and national healthcare officials.
But as a trusted travel provider for a number of these sporting events, we feel it's important Rent Like A Champion be a dependable knowledge resource for our fans and hosts as we continue to monitor the situation from our end. (You can also read our updated terms and conditions for cancellations related to COVID-19 here)
So with that in mind, we'll be posting any information we hear about relevant event postponements and cancellations, so that we're providing you with all of the news and updates as soon as we hear them...
NCAA - College Football
- ACC: All team activities postponed
- Big Ten: All team activities postponed (through April 6)
- Big 12: All team activities postponed until March 29
- Independents: Notre Dame has cancelled team activities until further notice
- SEC: All team activities postponed until April 15
- PAC-12: All team activities postponed until March 29
- MAC: All team activities postponed
- AAC: All team activities postponed
- Mountain West: Institutional discretion (the following are based on the individual statements from each university)
- Boise State, Fresno State, and Wyoming have suspended competition for spring sports - no official word about the close of spring football
- Nevada has cancelled their spring game - no word yet on stopping practices
- New Mexico will continue with practices for the time being, and will close their spring game to the public
- UNLV will begin spring practices on March 30, but will suspend all recruiting
- Utah State has suspended practices through Tuesday, March 17
- Ivy Leage: All team activities postponed
- Sun-Belt Conference: All team activities cancelled
- Conference USA: Spring practices have postponed
Additionally, recruiting limitations have been implemented for all NCAA Division 1 programs.
Please note, that no indications have been given that the college football regular season will be pushed back at this time - nor have any other event cancellations signaled that this will be the case.
NCAA - Non-College Football
- All spring tournaments and championships have been cancelled (including men's and women's March Madness, NIT, and CBI basketball events)
- Each major conference has also cancelled all spring competition (games, events, etc.) for active sports
- All tournaments between now and late May have been cancelled - including RBC Heritage, Zurich Classic, Wells Fargo Championship and AT&T Byron Nelson
- PGA Championship has been postponed
- The Masters has been postponed
This is a list of commencement cancellations/postponements relevant for cities in which Rent Like A Champion has made homes available:
- University of Notre Dame (Rescheduled for Memorial Day weekend in 2021)
- Penn State University (Postponed)
- University of Michigan (Postponed)
- Auburn University (Postponed)
- University of Mississippi (Postponed)
- Clemson University (Postponed)
- Florida State University (Cancelled - Spring 2020 graduates will be invited back at a later date)
- University of South Carolina (Postponed)
- University of Alabama (Postponed)
Additionally, the NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB have all suspended and/or postponed operations. Our team will continue to update this blog post as we learn more.